I RECENTLY CAME ACROSS THIS HANDY LITTLE GUIDE on COSTHELPER.COM AND I HAD TO SHARE IT WITH YOU ALL. This is the average you should be spending on a GOOD planner!!! I hope this helps!
While many bridal consultants used to charge a percentage of the wedding budget -- usually 10 to 20 percent -- most now prefer to use an hourly, or more commonly, a package rate. Most planners have at least three types of packages: day of service, consulting and full-service planning.
- For about $1,500, a day-of planner will help create a wedding timeline, confirm with vendors and handle the wedding day.
- For about $3,700, a planner will handle the wedding day and offer planning advice and guidance, but will make the couple do the pre-wedding footwork, such as making phone calls.
- For about $5,000, a full-service planner will plan the wedding and handle most details and the wedding day. That rate sometimes goes much higher -- possibly $10,000 or more for an in-demand planner with ten years or more experience, according to i-do Weddings .
- The cost varies greatly by region. The average total cost for a wedding consultant is $3,636 in the northeast and $2,635 in the south. The national average is $3,262, according to The Association of Bridal Consultants .
What should be included:
- For a day-of package, a planner usually will confirm with vendors, help the couple create a wedding-day timeline and handle wedding-day details from start to finish.
- For a consulting package, a planner might recommend venues and vendors, offer advice on colors and style, provide etiquette advice and help the couple stay on track with their planning -- but will not handle legwork and small details. On the wedding day, though, the planner will interact with vendors and make sure the day goes smoothly.
- A typical full-service planners help set the style and colors, help find ceremony and reception venues, recommend vendors, accompany the couple to food and cake tastings and screen vendor contracts. Some will even send invitations and track RSVPs. On the wedding day, the planner usually puts in a full day troubleshooting, handling last-minute details and keeping the event on schedule.
- Tip: Since packages and services vary from planner to planner, it is important to clarify in writing exactly which services are included.
- While it is not expected, some couples tip a wedding planner about15 percent for excellent service -- but a gift of a restaurant or spa gift certificate is more common than a cash tip.